Saturday, November 25, 2006

Stage combat and old journals

Lately, I've been all dramatic about my life - about things like indecision, infatuation, school-related stress. Now, I'm at home, and last night and today I was leafing through old journals. And I was reminded of the actual hard things I've gone through--really hard things. At this point, I'm relatively stable and sane. I'm making my own way. There are lots of people that love me. I get to go to class and talk about encyclopedias.

I'm not saying there's nothing left to improve upon, or that everything in my life is somehow resolved. (Ten hours with my dad is proof of that.) I just need to remember the bravery of my old self and of many people I know (especially my mother), and to quit whining. I should be using that energy to create some small amount of change, or at least to communicate better/more.

To make this post slightly less navel-gazing, why don't I tell you how I enjoyed The Pirate Queen, a musical in its pre-Broadway run in Chicago. There were some interesting themes about feminine power. Also Irish dancing and, um, pirates.

No comments: