Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A good day for Democrats and manual labor

I had to post because this afternoon, in the small library where I work, the two librarians and I put together a book truck. We screwed in the shelves, applied the cranberry racing stripes (I kid you not), and had it rolling in an hour, all while discussing same-sex marriage ballot initiatives and various members of the Simmons faculty. I love my job, and the people there. I'm learning all the things they don't teach you in library school, etc.

Speaking of ballots, I cast mine today - or rather, fed it into a scanner. Deval Patrick was elected, as were John Yarmuth in Louisville (SO exciting), Baron Hill in Indiana, Ted Strickland in Ohio, and Bob Casey in Pennsylvania. Of course, post-election giddiness will not suffice. How about perhaps, getting some work done? Yes, I'm Elizabeth and I still (somewhat) believe in democracy. I even write to my representatives in Congress. What can I say? I'm old-school.

However, I must protest that Massachusetts apparently does not give out "I Voted" stickers. Come on now...there has to be a little incentive, a little visible way to declare your superiority to others.

No comments: