Monday, December 04, 2006

An embarrassment of riches

I think there's a directly proportional relationship in my life between the level of busy-ness and the number of good things happening. I have barely two more weeks to go in this semester before I leave for a couple of weeks (New York, Chicago, Louisville). I have no time and less money, and so much work to do academically. And yet, the following things are true:

-I got into Collection Development next semester.

-I got to write a paper on Library Thing - you can peruse my catalog as LaBibliotecaria here.

-I opened my Wallace Stevens' Collected Poems to a perfect, appropriate poem today.

-I'm looking forward to a long break full of books, food, and travel.

-This morning, I had to get up early to go to a full day of work after not that much sleep and with a fairly wicked hangover, but I'm glad, because if I hadn't, I would have completely missed the first snow of the winter - which always inspires this foolish, primal joy in me.

Basically, my little life is bursting at the seams. So I'll have to be running now.

No comments: