Saturday, September 16, 2006

Sky of arrivals

There's always the sky; let it hear what you are saying
And let it take you apart, to the elements of praying
Till we are only playing to the firmament
-Dar Williams


Maybe I didn't look at the sky enough in Chicago, but I have this feeling that it was not as interesting as the sky here. I rarely see it monochromatic; there's always some complex cloud cover. Is this delusional?

All of a sudden, I tumbled into these packed weeks of class, work, and seeing people. I processed stacks of materials about past and present injustices. I understand what Linux is; I can make a webpage. I met the librarians behind Radical Reference. I've had JP Licks ice cream three times in two weeks. I've discussed my romantic dysfunction more than I care to remember. Speaking of which.

This week, I'm in love with:
Eileen Ivers ( from the Boston Folk Festival today, which had a blue-and-white sky full of arriving airplanes)
Carbon Leaf (Thank you Jacob and Eliot)

No comments: