Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I like my men like my coffee

earthy, sweet, and lively
This weekend I was in Louisville. I got caught up on movies (Mulholland Drive, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang). I played lots of Scrabble. I went to my favorite places - Heine Brothers', Ramsi's, Mark's Feed Store, Clare's house, and Ear X-Tacy. At the latter, I bought two CDs, which I really shouldn't have, but they're essential. The Rushmore soundtrack is full of good songs, and Taking the Long Way (the Dixie Chicks' new CD) is quite amazing. I miss the country-ness that characterized their earlier songs, but these songs are so good. They're about interacting with both past and future, and not apologizing for one's self and beliefs.

clean, sharp, well-rounded
Which is a good affirmation in general, and in particular right now. Something about Louisville, or maybe just this weekend, made me feel free. Maybe it was the chance I got to jump on a trampoline, to be airborne and momentarily weightless in thick summer air.

smoky richness, with a tantalizing finish
However...I did get my ass handed to me in a spectacular game of Scrabble. My consummately worthy opponent got 512 points.

(The coffee descriptions come from Heine Brothers' website.)

No comments: