Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A few thoughts on December 31.

My dear readers, welcome to my last post of 2008 and the 100th post of this blog. I have a faux-deep entry about family brewing on the back burner, but that's not how I want to end the year. My subconscious relies on heavy-handed symbolism, and so, to quote myself quoting Dar Williams two years ago, let's get into loving the false promise of the New Year.

I have to say, 2008 was a banner year for all of us (...by which I mean me) here at A Room Full of Books. It was full of dramatic revelations, grinding periods of limbo, and exorbitant blessings. It heaped possibilities and opportunities on me, and is daring me not to fuck it up in 2009.

A very happy new year to all who read this little navel-gazing endeavor. I hope it's a good one.

3 comments:

Clare said...

"That's a big responsibility, Lucas... Don't screw it up!!"

(I know you won't, but your blogpost reminded me of that quote.)

I love you the bestest. Happy New Year. Wish you were here.

Brother K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brother K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.