Saturday, October 07, 2006

Good librarian, bad librarian

I'm reading for my reference class, and the chapter is basically about what is required to be a good reference librarian. Namely, the desire to help people, and a broad knowledge. I've always sort of felt ambivalent about the fact that I try and read about lots of things, but am an expert on nothing. Now here I am training for a profession in which this will be an asset. It's nice to be validated.

On quite the opposite end of the spectrum...here is a link to a "naughty librarian" Halloween costume on Target's website (which I must thank Amy for pointing out to me):
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_9/601-6616518-4856944?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000I6LYI8
It's pretty ridiculous. And expensive. For God's sake, just unbutton your shirt a little, put on your glasses, and carry around a copy of...I don't know, Lady Chatterley's Lover or something. Much more cost-effective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's flipping fantastic! (that is, both the costume itself and your comment about it). i miss you, querida. if you decide to be a naughty librarian for Halloween, please send me pictures. :)