Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Poetic License

So this is my blog. I started it because it seemed like it was time for a blog. It's called "A Room Full of Books" because:

a) it's what a library is (and yet so much more than), hence what I love
b) I always have one, no matter where I move
c) it's from a Dar song, helloooo
d) my mind, also...filled with other people's words, etc.

In subsequent posts, I'll talk more about books -- what I'm reading, what I'm paging at the library. For now, though, what I really do best: navel-gazing.

Below is my latest Free Will Astrology horoscope. I love his horoscopes, and I read this one after I'd sort of adopted it. To hell with safety and caution and sleep; lately, I want to be driven to the edge of breathlessness and not knowing what is going to happen next.

ARIES: In all my years of evaluating your astrological omens, I have rarely seen a time so favorably disposed to the value and pleasure of variety. I'm tempted to conclude that the cosmos is conspiring for you to try all 32 flavors, 46 positions, and 64 loopholes. For a limited time only, you really should be determined to sample a little of a lot rather than a lot of a little. Grazing and browsing are not only fine, they're preferable. You have a poetic license to be mercurial, spontaneous, and inscrutable.

1 comment:

Clare said...

omg, Elizabeth! How right is Free Will.... i heart your blog. thanks for creating one. i miss you enough as it is; now i can be a little closer. it was nice to talk to you as you rode the train yesterday. i can't wait to see you in August (if not sooner.... ).